Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Loving Who your children are and seeing the bright future that awaits!

When we do the Best that we can, We never know what Miracle is wrought in our life,or in the Life of Another......Helen Keller

Hello Everyone! My Deepest apology for not talking lately. My child and I have been going through a whirl wind of IEP  trials and the school not wanting to see and help the potential that is inside come out. I often look for the good stuff and this time I had a bad turn.  the harassment from the school has become much worse and the list goes on, But what I fail to see this time was how it was affecting my son. Recently we had guess in our home they were his cousins visiting for the summer. One girl and one boy all within one year of each other teenagers so the boy vs. girl issues was in the sound waves of my home.  Well my son has been very angry about the things from school and the fact one of his passion playing football may be taken away for good due to a recent incident where a another child choked him into a seizure that left him paralyzed for a Short time.

Back to the home issues well I thought that as normal they had settled things between them and we had move on well not soo. last night during a brief fourth of July celebration the Walls came tumbling one remark after another end with the girl crying on parents shoulder my son with his arms wrapped around me until he could squeeze no more crying and the other out on the porch not knowing what had happen.

My son explain it this way, I have people at school telling me what I can not do and taking things away from me, I have the doctors telling me what I can and can not do and then she comes in my home and does the same thing that is just wrong I am angry and can't take it any more.

After we cry ed together and we talked about everything we were able to move forward with apologies etc....

I shared this because some time as parents we may fail to see how the situation is affecting or children ex specially if they are quite or non verbal. I too was reminded this holiday that my child is not broken he is a strong young man who hears, sees , feels and forms his own opinions and every now and then we have to be reminded that yes children are resilient but they are loving warm human beings and life affects them too.

I love you  Mom will never forget the lesson learn !

I encourage you to share your stories , lessons learned and tips.

Until next time
Success is in the heart , mind and Soul~

No comments:

Post a Comment